4.12.2018

Shopping: Velvet Orchid


Hello beloved readers of the Stylish Stardoll Sisters! Here I'm again to do something similar to what I did some days ago with another shop on the Starplaza: RIO. There are some shops out there that have been there forever and the clothes they have are... curious. My job here is to show you that we can get nice pieces even from the ugliest most curious stores.

This time is Velvet Orchid the store I'm gonna explore, due to popular demand...


First of all, I have to say that it's been way more easier than RIO. I mean, when I came into RIO everything looked so tacky extravagant and in Velvet Orchid there are some basic clothes like cute tops and denim that are a must in every closet. Browsing through the store I realised I own a great variety of things, check out for yourselves:


Between them are some pieces that I've used A LOT. For example the black pants (MUST HAVE), the grey top that is great to use underneath jackets, the ripped denim jeans for urban outfits or that golden jacket that does wonders finishing outfits. Then there are other pieces that I've bought because... starcoins. I'm talking about the silver pants (worn on a Street Style post recently), the iridescent skirt or that white-greyish sweater. The rest of items I think they are pretty cool and even though I haven't used them much, I'm proud of outfits I've made with them. The long dress is beautiful and basic, so you can use it being the center piece of your outfit or add tons of accessories on top. The sandals/boots/transparent shoes are very Kylie Jenner and even if I may or may not regret buying, they are original and with a bit of effort you can do cool things with them. Finally, the fringed jacket is very Macklemore style and it's a bit hard to style for the shape, but looks cool (outfit here). (And I almost forget those golden shorts that I think I bought once at Christmas, because they were gold... Do not buy those. No need.)

Then, there are some pieces that I'm always using when creating outfits in Starplaza that I plan on buying relatively soon.


For example, this two shoulder bags are perfect to end up outfits. The transparent small bag is perfect for when the outfit has already too much going on, and the comic bag is perfect for the opposite reasons, when your outfit is a bit boring and needs something to pop up. Then we have these furry boots that I think they look very original and even though I haven't created anything with them yet, believe that as I'm buying them sometime you'll see what I do with them on here. The latex socks come from one outfit I saw from Whitney (strobarycake) where she used them to create a pair of thigh high boots. I'm gonna show you how in the outfits below.

And finally your favorite part (I guess). Where I adventure myself in the dark world and try to do outfits with the rest of pieces that you can find at the floors of that hideous curious store in Starplaza. I'm kidding, there's actually some more items that are pretty cool and that I may end up buying.
I have to confess that I was not very inspired, I definitely think you guys can do better...


Share with us your outfits with Velvet Orchid in the comments below! 
Between the outfits we like more we will be gifting you one of the Velvet Orchid items you used in the outfit (make sure it's on your wishlists). 
LAST DAY TO SUBMIT: April 29th

No comments:

Post a Comment